• 论坛网址:https://dianbai.wiki(可微信分享)、https://0668.es、https://0668.cc(全加密访问)

Supergirl Effects on Chinese Culture (2人在浏览)

mask

Learner
荣誉会员
注册
2005-06-07
帖子
反馈评分
点数
In America, there is an American Idol. In China, there is a Supergirl. Supergirl has been the most eye-casting reality TV show in China in these several years. It brings some good to the Chinese, but also has negative effect to them. Supergirl influences Chinese ulture mainly through three ways: firstly wrong concept of democracy, secondly a triumph of feminism and thirdly eager for quick success and instant benefit.

Supergirl gives the some people’s minds a wrong concept of democracy. People can use cell phone to send short messages to support their favorite competitor. The winner of Supergirl will be the one who gets the most supporting messages. Seemingly, it is very democratic. However, one can send as many messages as he wants to support his favorite, as long as he has enough money. There is a piece of news that a rich young people send 230,000 messages to support Li Yuchun. There must be a lot of people of this kind. Unconsciously, they give people an idea that once you have enough money, you can manipulate democracy. In this idea, the value of equality in the concept of democracy disappears. For the teenagers and the low-educated people, Supergirl influences them with a really negative way.

Supergirl is a triumph of feminism. Before Supergirl, most of the young women in China want to be charming to the men. Hence they dandified themselves according to men’s aesthetic perspective. Due to men’s preference of a woman of faminity, women would like to have long hair and to be mild. In Supergirl last year, two winners have an androgynous look. After that, more and more women would like the make up and dress up more androgynous, which really gives a punch to men’s aesthetic perspective. More and more Li Yuchun look or Zhou Bichang look appear in the society. This trend is showing that women’s beauty should be defined by themselves, not the men. In fact, this triumph of feminism gives Chinese people an idea that individuality should be more respected.

Supergirl grows young girls’ eager of quick success and instant benefit. Chinese young people are becoming more and more patienceless and profit-minded. Supergirl’s showing up undoubtedly is adding fuel to the fire. There is a piece of news that over 10,000 young girls waited in the line for 24 hours in order to register to compete Supergirl. Most of them were students and they skipped class. This phenomenon is giving a message to the young people that to succeed overnight through some gift is a lot better than to get educated. Therefore, they choose the shortcut and they will probably be always finding shortcut. At the time young people should be more practical and realistic, Supergirl is encouraging to find a shortcut.

Supergirl has both positive and negative effects on Chinese culture because of giving a wrong concept of democracy, a triumph of feminism and making the young people more patienceless.

That's the reality you and other people who have alike mind have to face nowadays. You brought up three very critical points on culture which “Supergirl” may influence. They all seem like the negative impact. Whether you take it or not, that's the trend. I am not sure whether we change the society, or the society/environment changes us. Maybe the era has changed. We might not expect everything will be fair and reasonable because the environment provide opportunity or allow us to go shortcut. People are careless their ethic and standard, as long as they can be success. We shouldn’t stereotype woman based on their appearance and what they should dress. Maybe every one view thing differently. Some like short hair, some like long hair. I agree that, “this triumph of feminism gives Chinese people an idea that individuality should be more respected”.

Speaking of “American Idol”, it's hard to explain someone like William Hong who has no genius of singing and acting can become a singer and actor. Specially, he is such an ordinary guy in a capitalist country. Don’t laugh!

http://0668.cc/index.php?showtopic=25009&hl=

What is wrong with me?
sq.gif
sq.gif
kun.gif
kun.gif

QUOTE(supergirl88 @ 2006年05月13日 Saturday, 12:18 AM)
What is wrong with me?
sq.gif
sq.gif
kun.gif
kun.gif

[snapback]1203634[/snapback]​

There is nothing wrong with you! I think MASK was talking the "Supergirl" TV program and its effect on the culture. If you like, you can join us in discussion.

I think that Everybody just have everybody's dream, everybody just have everybody's a fondness for.

QUOTE(supergirl88 @ 2006年05月13日 Saturday, 08:48 AM)
I think that Everybody just have everybody's dream, everybody just have everybody's a fondness for.
[snapback]1203820[/snapback]​

Were you influenced by the "Supergirl" at some points. Did you see anyone that you know were affected? Maybe you use this name as a result of the effect. Right?
Haha......

ha.gif
ha.gif
ha.gif

Long……!!
when I have the enough time,I'll read the article!!

正在浏览此帖子的用户

后退
顶部