• 论坛网址:https://db2.mom(可微信分享)、https://0668.es、https://0668.cc(全加密访问)

I hope more people would like to come here. (2人在浏览)

QUOTE(自助餐 @ 2005年07月04日 Monday, 09:05 PM)
Bee,you are right ,my quesions are many at a time comfusily .I have curiosity
about something what I want to know . Not only America ,but also othee coutriy . of course the few race in China.Suprising me ,I heard that you are in America .So I want to get some impormation about you .Maybe I am short-tempered.So I ask you so many question at a time.But I'll correct it.
And I find my careless illnes also ,If not any ,I woud't copuse with you ,right?

From what you said about your carrer.you are modest man...Good luck to you.I support you.

I have something to ask you ,
What is the meaning and how to use.
"In your eye" is nearly useed in you and mask ,I think that is a Chinglise.If I want to express that ,what is better in English..
Can you talk your NBA???
hei.gif

Hope that can't compuse you......
[snapback]477244[/snapback]​

It’s good to being a person with curiosity about what is around you, how they happy, and why they happen. Then you find a way to find out what happen. You will learn a lot of knowledges by finding out the whole process and gain from it. Your curiosity also forces you to think and explore more.

It’s OK to use “in your eye” in your expression which is to talk about what you know, and what you believe something. Additional to Mask’s explanation, you can also say “in your opinion” “what do you think of…”

In terms of NBA, what would like to talk about, players? teams? or coaches? I am not a super fan of NBA. I just watch it sometimes. I pay more attention to it when it’s playoff time. my favorite sport is American Football (NFL). I can say I am almost crazy about it. I can’t miss a chance to watch any games when it’s football season (August-February).

QUOTE(mask @ 2005年07月04日 Monday, 07:54 PM)
Thanks for your concern and encouragement.
happy.gif
. In fact, I long for studying abroad. I also know, probably I'll have a brighter prospect there. I think you misunderstood. I rejected to study abroad, because of neither disdainfulness, nor self-humuliation. I just thought I was not ready. In fact, when the sudden chance came to me, I felt I was not ready and wouldn't be ready even after reaching the United States. So, I gave up the chance. I wasn't feeling I was losing a chance. Even today, I think I made a right decision. To me, to study there as a master student is more rational. I think I will be ready then. Maybe someday, I will meet you in the United States.
happy.gif
[snapback]477214[/snapback]​

Thanks for your clarification! I thought you refused to come out to study in the US because you were afraid of racism or other political issues. There are many choices and chances come through you in your life time. You need to make a lot of decisions. If you make the right decision, you will be more success and more preferable. I think you make the right choice, it’s better to finish your undergraduate degree before you come. Most of the students that I know are a master student. They built up their foundation in China before they came. It will make your transition much smoothly. I can’t wait to see you someday in the US.

QUOTE(mask @ 2005年07月05日 Tuesday, 01:10 AM)
I think I'll use "to my thinking", "to my thoughts", "I think...", "I believe", etc., when I want to express such a meaning.

As a professor's assistant, I must help her do some research. I don't need to give her learned suggestions, but if I'm confused about the research, I can ask. My main job is to find the materials for her, which relevant to the research. Besides, I help her arrange for the plan of teaching and give her suggestions on it. This is all voluntary with no payment, but you can learn much more than an average student. Furthermore, she's very kind and she thinks there is privity between us.

In the university, I think the three important topic is study, life and time.
The study mentioned here is self-cultivation. As in the university, you should expect yourself to be an avid reader and learner, arm yourslef with the best of mankind's spiritual resources, seize all opportunities to cultivate the spirit of teamwork, the ability to handle emergencies and to work under pressure.
You have to learn to live. To enjoy your life is very important. As you know, life is colorful. But in the university, life may be decadent and dull. So, you have to learn how to enjoy your life. To me, study is quite enjoyable a process. Like most of the youngsters, I like playing balls, surfing the net and shopping, but I set asides sufficient time for study.
Time is easily to be wasted in the university, especially before you realize. You can say, if time were money, I would be richer then Bill Gates; you also can say, if time were the air, I were lack of it. It depends on how to arrange your time and your attitude to study.

I don't like most of the cities in China. Because the air is too dirty. Maybe Kunming is better, but the weather there is wet. Of course, I have to live in the city in which my university is located.
[snapback]477785[/snapback]​

Thanks , you let me know something about Universty . I won't admit to the Universty this year. I will try my best to ,,and can adimt to a Universty What I like .

You are quite right , most of Chinese city'air is too dirty ...Though I not live in GuangZhou so long ,I can feel it ..

QUOTE(蜜蜂 @ 2005年07月05日 Tuesday, 03:01 AM)
It’s good to being a person with curiosity about what is around you, how they happy, and why they happen. Then you find a way to find out what happen. You will learn a lot of knowledges by finding out the whole process and gain from it. Your curiosity also forces you to think and explore more.

It’s OK to use “in your eye” in your expression which is to talk about what you know, and what you believe something. Additional to Mask’s explanation, you can also say “in your opinion” “what do you think of…”

In terms of NBA, what would like to talk about, players? teams? or coaches? I am not a super fan of NBA. I just watch it sometimes. I pay more attention to it when it’s playoff time. my favorite sport is American Football (NFL). I can say I am almost crazy about it. I can’t miss a chance to watch any games when it’s football season (August-February).
[snapback]477817[/snapback]​

In terms of NBA .The player I like is Jorden ,Iverson , which of the players and teams would you like ?
Bee ,I heard that the Chines who live in China one year upword must pay tax to China .,Nomatter where is the person now .It's that truth?

In your last, you said a sentence is ha ha ,later ,,I didn't mean it ,can you tell me , and how to use it ?thanks

QUOTE(蜜蜂 @ 2005年07月05日 Tuesday, 03:35 PM)
Thanks for your clarification! I thought you refused to come out to study in the US because you were afraid of racism or other political issues. There are many choices and chances come through you in your life time. You need to make a lot of decisions. If you make the right decision, you will be more success and more preferable. I think you make the right choice, it’s better to finish your undergraduate degree before you come. Most of the students that I know are a master student. They built up their foundation in China before they came. It will make your transition much smoothly. I can’t wait to see you someday in the US.
[snapback]479513[/snapback]​

So, in order to meet you in the US, I must work hard.
happy.gif
. My relatives, who are living in the US, are still encourage me to go study there. Although I feel sorry for my refusal to them, I don't regret. They understand, but are still a little angry. After all, they regard me as their son all the time. I understand, too. Anyway, I'll work harder to achieve my dream.

QUOTE(mask @ 2005年07月06日 Wednesday, 12:37 AM)
So, in order to meet you in the US, I must work hard.
happy.gif
. My relatives, who are living in the US, are still encourage me to go study there. Although I feel sorry for my refusal to them, I don't regret. They understand, but are still a little angry. After all, they regard me as their son all the time. I understand, too. Anyway, I'll work harder to achieve my dream.
[snapback]480710[/snapback]​

Which city is your relative living in? It's good to have friends and relatives around when you are here. So you don't feel homesick sometimes.

QUOTE(蜜蜂 @ 2005年07月08日 Friday, 04:30 AM)
Which city is your relative living in? It's good to have friends and relatives around when you are here. So you don't feel homesick sometimes.
[snapback]487668[/snapback]​

They are living in Cleveland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. It's good to be together with the relatives in foreign countries. Especially they like me very much.
happy.gif

QUOTE(mask @ 2005年07月09日 Saturday, 11:28 PM)
They are living in Cleveland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. It's good to be together with the relatives in foreign countries. Especially they like me very much.
happy.gif
[snapback]494820[/snapback]​

I also live in San Francisco. I have been to LA a few times. It seems like you have a lot of relatives in the US.

Maybe some is good at English,but I think they don't know how to express their idea...........so they don't want to come here.......

Are you abroad?It's great ,I think.......

some words here is difficult for them to understand.........

QUOTE(Ealam777 @ 2005年07月11日 Monday, 11:24 AM)
Maybe some is good at English,but I think they don't know how to express their idea...........so they don't want to come here.......
[snapback]499430[/snapback]​

I think,
happy.gif
, the people, who are good at English, have no problem expressing their ideas. I think the most of the people here have no problem expressing their minds, but they have trouble in editing their works. Besides, the topics we dicussing here are not very complicated. Hope they can come and join us soon.

QUOTE(Ealam777 @ 2005年07月11日 Monday, 11:26 AM)
Are you abroad?It's great ,I think.......
[snapback]499432[/snapback]​

Yes, I am. It's great or not that depends on what you can do. Some people find they can do better and make a better fortune in China. Some people even they are in foreign country, they are still not as good as some other people in China. I can say the opportunities are more than in China, but not better than China, so it depends.......

QUOTE(蜜蜂 @ 2005年07月11日 Monday, 12:50 PM)
Yes, I am. It's great or not that depends on what you can do. Some people find they can do better and make a better fortune in China. Some people even they are in foreign country, they are still not as good as some other people in China. I can say the opportunities are more than in China, but not better than China, so it depends.......
[snapback]499560[/snapback]​

Sometimes, it's very hard to compare China with the foreign countries. The fittest country for a person depends on the time, the person's characters, the foundation of foreign language, etc.... So it depends. There are too many unestimated and unstable causes.

You are right! "It depends...." includes a lot of conditions. But as I said, because of the large population in China and there are very limited of resources, the opportunity for its people is less than the western countries. For example, everyone can go to college in the U.S.

I heard that you need to be hardworking in the university in the U.S.. My cousins and my friends are always very busy in the university in the U.S..

QUOTE(mask @ 2005年07月19日 Tuesday, 06:51 PM)
I heard that you need to be hardworking in the university in the U.S.. My cousins and my friends are always very busy in the university in the U.S..
[snapback]530266[/snapback]​

You let me think of something , a relative of mine now work in Pari , but when she come back to DianBai , She said that she is hardworking in the universty in France. She must study hard ,and must do one or tow part-time for erning money. She said that it's hard piriod during in the universty time , but she also said she learn more and become more and more strong in the universty!And said that the piriod is worth for commenorating!

QUOTE(mask @ 2005年07月19日 Tuesday, 06:51 PM)
[snapback]530266[/snapback]​

In the U.S., the universities' door are open for everyone. If you want to pass the course and get a good score, you need to work extra hard. The university life is busy for them (those good students). Most of the university courses have a lot of projects and papers. You need to spend a lot of time to prepare and reseach materials. If you work consistent hard for your projects and papers, and study hard for your exams, you will get a higher score. For some people just don't care too much about their scores, they just get enough to pass their courses (passing score "C"). They don't need to work that hard. When I was in undergraduate, I was working part time and I spent a lot of time playing with my friends. I got about average grade from most of my courses. I think I am still kind of lazy even I am taking the graduate program now. I am also working full time. I can say that my life is busier than anyone else!

QUOTE(蜜蜂 @ 2005年07月20日 Wednesday, 01:45 AM)
In the U.S., the universities' door are open for everyone. If you want to pass the course and get a good score, you need to work extra hard. The university life is busy for them (those good students). Most of the university courses have a lot of projects and papers. You need to spend a lot of time to prepare and reseach materials. If you work consistent hard for your projects and papers, and study hard for your exams, you will get a higher score. For some people just don't care too much about their scores, they just get enough to pass their courses (passing score "C"). They don't need to work that hard. When I was in undergraduate, I was working part time and I spent a lot of time playing with my friends. I got about average grade from most of my courses. I think I am still kind of lazy even I am taking the graduate program now. I am also working full time. I can say that my life is busier than anyone else!
[snapback]531707[/snapback]​

Oh, Bee. You are so busy now. You should take care of yourself.
smile.gif
. Although work and study are important for your career, health is also unneglectable. I think you may still remember a Chinese proverb --- If body is iron, rice is steel.
smile.gif
. Now, to me, I enjoy the process of study. What's more, almost all of my entertainments are related to my study. So I can learn in the process to be entertained. I am quite happy about that. Maybe my major is quite fit for me. Thank god.

Thanks!
Don't worry, I already get used to this kind of life for a long time. I am busy when I have some paper due or prepare for exams. I am also kind of enjoying my current job now. It's very flexible and I have time to take care of study as well. I have group of close friends. We used to play and have fun together. When I was still in college, we used to have a lot of activities: play tennis and basketball, go movies, go bowling (every Friday night), go fishing, go camping and river rafting, go skiing. We also like to travel together too. Since we graduated, most of us were busy on our jobs and families; we don't have that many activities as before. Occasionally, we have parties and do cooking together to celebrate a group of friends whose birthday in the same month. So I still have some entertainments besides my work and study.

dk.gif
I like English ,but I don't know how to study.
dk.gif

who help me !!
huh.gif

If you want us to help you, I suggest you stating your English level.

I must hard study English!!!!!Because I thing join your dicussing!!!

I AM NOT INTEREST IN UNIVERSTY.

QUOTE(happyVK @ 2005年07月23日 Saturday, 10:41 AM)
I must hard study English!!!!!Because I thing join your dicussing!!!
[snapback]543150[/snapback]​

I think you can sooner or later if you study hard. In fact, we don't require a very high level. If you have a 3000 vocabulary and some basic knowledge of grammar, that's enough. It's not so hard. Right?

正在浏览此帖子的用户

后退
顶部