• 论坛网址:https://dianbai.wiki(可微信分享)、https://0668.es、https://0668.cc(全加密访问)

i feel mazed (1人在浏览)

xiaoying

幼儿园
注册
2006-03-19
帖子
反馈评分
点数
dt.gif

i think the vocabulary's amount for the cet 6 is too much!!!! i want to get advise that is helpful to me !! And then, I also want to make some english friends to explore the english world together!!!

my qq is 297118301

I don't know when you take your CET-6. If the test is coming near, I don't think it possible to enlarge your vocabulary in a short time.

I had TEM-4 last year, which was a little harder than CET-6. I think the only way to get a better mark is to do simulating tests. Make sure you are clear about the answer, especially why the right answer is right, and why the wrong answers are wrong.

Enlarging your vocabulary is a process of accumulating. There are three kinds of words: strang words, inactive words and active words. Strang words mean the words that you have no idea what the words are about. Inactive words mean the words you know a part of parts of the meanings of the them, but you can't use it freely without mistakes. Active words mean the words that you have completely mastered, and you know every part of the meaning of the word.

In fact, the vocabulary of CET-6 requires you to master 2000 most frequently-used active words and maybe 3000 inactive words. So what you need is to enlarge your inactive vocabulary (although I don't suggest doing so).

I guess you are not an English major, so you don't have enough time for everyday English study. As an English major, I almost study English the whole day every day. So to me, vocabulary is not a problem, because I listen, speak, read and write a lot every day. Among these four elements, I think reading is the most important. So if you want to genuinely know more words, you have to read and read and read and read and read... Besides, you have to make sure you know the word's grammartical feature, context, morphology, collocation, synonyms and other aspects, plus how it is different from its synonyms.

To be a good master of English is very hard, but once there is a will, there is a way which is practice and practice and practice and practice and...

p.s. : I am about to take TEM-8 next month. So, do our best together. Good luck!

If you want further information about English study, feel free to contact me.

WHAT DOES MEAN IN "accumulating"

My vocabulary is short ,too.
because I'm still in middle school..

QUOTE(mask @ 2006年03月20日 Monday, 12:18 AM)
If you want further information about English study, feel free to contact me.
[snapback]1007596[/snapback]​

se.gif
You are very smart!......

ARE YOU ALREADY PASS THE CET-8?

...我不大会说英语...不知道有没打错..

QUOTE(佰→仔√简单爱 @ 2006年03月24日 Friday, 12:48 PM)
WHAT DOES MEAN IN "accumulating"
My vocabulary is short ,too.
because I'm still in middle school..
[snapback]1018790[/snapback]​

If you encounter a new word, you should refer to an English dictionary instead of asking somebody else. If I were to told you, you would get to know it and split it off your ear in the next minute. Try to look up it in an English dictionary, you will learn more and make it impressive.

QUOTE(佰→仔√简单爱 @ 2006年03月24日 Friday, 12:50 PM)
se.gif
You are very smart!......
ARE YOU ALREADY PASS THE CET-8?

...我不大会说英语...不知道有没打错..
[snapback]1018797[/snapback]​

To begin with, you should make the two kinds of tests clear.

CET is short for College English Test, which is for the college students who are not English majors. There are two bands of this test, which are Band 4 and Band 6. CET-4 means College English Test Band 4 what CET-6 means College English Test Band 6.

TEM is short for Test for English Majors, which apparently is for English majors. There are also two bands of this test, which are Band 4 and Band 8. TEM-4 means Test for English Majors Band 4 what TEM-8 means Test for English Majors Band 8.

Apparently, there is no CET-8 or TEM-6, so don't mention that again. I am about to attend TEM-8, not CET-8.

That's fine. You just need practice.

QUOTE(mask @ 2006年03月24日 Friday, 02:16 PM)
If you encounter a new word, you should refer to an English dictionary instead of asking somebody else. If I were to told you, you would get to know it and split it off your ear in the next minute. Try to look up it in an English dictionary, you will learn more and make it impressive.
[snapback]1018957[/snapback]​

It's a problem that I can't find "accumulating" this word in

English dictionary..

QUOTE(mask @ 2006年03月24日 Friday, 02:23 PM)
To begin with, you should make the two kinds of tests clear.

CET is short for College English Test, which is for the college students who are not English majors. There are two bands of this test, which are Band 4 and Band 6. CET-4 means College English Test Band 4 what CET-6 means College English Test Band 6.

TEM is short for Test for English Majors, which apparently is for English majors. There are also two bands of this test, which are Band 4 and Band 8. TEM-4 means Test for English Majors Band 4 what TEM-8 means Test for English Majors Band 8.

Apparently, there is no CET-8 or TEM-6, so don't mention that again. I am about to attend TEM-8, not CET-8.

That's fine. You just need practice.
[snapback]1018963[/snapback]​

WELL....

Thanks for your direction..

QUOTE(佰→仔√简单爱 @ 2006年03月24日 Friday, 06:35 PM)
It's a problem that I can't find "accumulating" this word in

English dictionary..
[snapback]1019392[/snapback]​

Then you try "accumulate".

lol...i am lucky dunt have to take it.........hahhaah
except for SAT...
damn that shit!!!!!!!!!

正在浏览此帖子的用户

后退
顶部